返回列表 发帖

″★pop流行话百分百

cheesy (质量)低劣的;下等的

  英解:shoddy, lacking in taste

  “cheesy”这个字通常用来形容一件东西的“品味”和“质感”不高,不仅不符合一般人的审美观念,而且给人一种“廉价”、“低俗”的感觉。

  A:Hey, where did you get those sunglasses? They are so cheesy!

  喂,你从哪儿弄来那副太阳眼镜?真劣质!

  B:I bought them in a flea market. They only cost me three bucks.

  我在跳蚤市场买的。这副眼镜才花了我三块美金。



  make a mental note 铭记在心

  英解:to make an effort to store something in your memory so that you will not forget

  “Make/take a note of”是“把……记下来”的意思。而“make a mental note”就像是“在心里做笔记”,换句话说,也就是把重要的事情铭记在心。

  A:Remember to return my book tomorrow. You’ve borrowed it for almost a month.

  记得明天把书还给我。我已经借了快一个月了。

  B:Sorry. I’ll make a mental note of it.

  对不起。我会牢记在心的。



  a light bulb goes on 灵光乍现

  英解:a sudden understanding or idea

  英文用“电灯泡突然亮了起来”来形容人灵光乍现,一分钟前还想不到的答案,突然间浮现在脑海里的意思。

  A:How did you figure out the answer to the math question?

  这个数学习题的答案你是怎么想出来的?

  B:A light bulb just went on. I’d suddenly remembered something the teacher said in class.

  我灵光乍现,突然想起老师在课堂上说过的一个东西。

  

money to burn 花不完的钱

  英解:lots of money

  英文用“money to burn”来比喻一个人的钱多到花不完,就连把钞票拿来烧都不在乎。

  A:I heard Bill bought another Porche recently. I don’t get why he wants so many cars.

  我听说比尔最近又买了一辆保时捷。我真搞不懂他要那么多车子干嘛。

  B:Yeah, it seems that he has money to burn.

  对啊,他好像有花不完的钱似的。



            

返回列表